As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Travelling to different places domestically or abroad can be fun if you have the right clothes that can make you feel comfortable and confident at the same time. Whether you are on a business trip or going on a vacation, you want to look your best and bring the clothes that can make you look and feel great.
Finding the Best Garment Steamer
However, there are times when even the best clothes that we love or would want to bring during our trips end up being left at home.
Most of the time, this is because they are made of fabrics that wrinkle up easily when placed inside a traveling bag for hours. If only you can remove the wrinkles from your best clothes easily and without hassle even while on travel, right?
Fret no more, because you can do just that! With the wide range of portable steamers in the market nowadays, freshening up your clothes and removing wrinkles and creases from them will be easy as a breeze. In this article, we will go through the best travel garment steamers in the market nowadays.
What should you look for in a travel garment steamer?
- Fast Heat-up Time: This is a very important consideration in a travel steamer since you do not have all the time in the world to spend on removing the wrinkles out of your clothes just to look good. You would want a steamer that heats up in seconds or just a few minutes so you can remove the wrinkles from your clothes and wear it as soon as possible.
- Fast Steaming: In the same manner that you should look for a garment steamer that heats up fast, you want it to steam and remove the wrinkles from your clothes fast. A garment steamer that can steam two to three clothes in one full refill of its water container is what you should look for.
- Lightweight: Unless you’re traveling to steam clothes elsewhere you would want a garment steamer that is not too heavy. You should remember that you are only bringing this device to freshen up your clothes and remove wrinkles from them. A lightweight steamer that does not weight too much is what you should bring on your travels.
- Price: Your travel garment steamer garment steamer not cost too much unless you are planning to use the same one as an all-around steamer at home. There are travel garment steamers that are cheap, heavy-duty, and can get the job of removing wrinkles easily.
- Voltage: One factor that you can consider, especially if you are traveling abroad is the voltage of your portable steamer. electric outlets in some countries abroad may not work with a 110 volt appliance so you might need a transformer before you can use your garment steamer abroad. Still, there are travel garment steamer models that have a dual voltage setting. They may cost more but can be more suited for you if you always travel to other countries.
Searching for the perfect handheld steamer for you and your travels? Check out our comprehensive list to help you find the best one.
What are the best travel garment steamers?
Steam Fast Compact Fabric Steamer
Resembling a coffee pot, the Steam Fast Compact Steamer is only 9 inches tall, lightweight and compact. It produces 12 minutes of continuous steam with its 7 ounces water reservoir. This model comes with a rubber accessory housing, lint remover, and a fabric brush.
- 800-watt fabric steamer with 7-ounce water capacity provides up to 12 minutes of continuous steam
- More effective and gentler on fabrics than ironing for all-natural garment care
- Removes wrinkles and odors from clothes, linens, curtains, upholstery and more
Esteam Hand Held Steamer
The Esteam Hand Held Steamer garment steamer weighs only 2 pounds and has an eight-ounce water capacity. A full tank can produce 15 minutes of steady and continuous steam for removing wrinkles from your clothes. It has a cool-touch housing to prevent you from burning yourself, a 9-foot cord, and a water-resistant design.
- Water capacity - 2.84 liters
Samsonite Dual Voltage Garment Steamer
This travel garment steamer is made for people who travel domestically and internationally. It has a dual voltage setting of 120 or 240 volts so you can easily plug and use it from anywhere around the world. This garment steamer includes a removable brush that you can use on fabrics like wool and towels.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B004WYDI40″ locale=”US” src=”https://wrinklefreesteamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/31OCOdz3drL.jpg” tag=”HPD” width=”403″]
Ultra Mini Travel Steamer
Specially designed for travelling, this garment steamer has a dimension of 3.5 x 5 x 8 inches so you can easily fit it inside your bag. It has a five-ounce water tank capacity and an eight-foot-long cord.
An advantage of this model is with the five types of steam heads that you can use depending on the fabric that you are steaming.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”377″ identifier=”B003ZT2ZQA” locale=”US” src=”https://wrinklefreesteamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/31gi22MtuXL.jpg” tag=”HPD” width=”272″]